YOSHIMOTO TERMS OF TRAVEL
1. Booking, Travel ConfirmationYou may book your tour in writing (letter, fax) or via e-mail. The Travel Contract is valid only upon written confirmation by us (or one of our representatives).
In the case of e-mail booking, a written confirmation by the customer is necessary.
2. PaymentImmediately upon completion of the contract (receiving the Travel Confirmation) a deposit of 10% of the price of your trip becomes payable. The rest of the sum must be received by the travel organiser no later than 3 weeks before the beginning of the trip.
3. Service and PricesShould it be necessary to make any changes from the services described in our catalogue, we will inform you immediately. Changes concerning the described routes or our overnight stays do not count as changes of service, especially not if they are based on the decision of a majority of participants. Errors and misprints excepted, program and prices subject to alterations, the latter mainly with regard to price increases for overnight stays, fuel, materials, etc.
4. Withdrawal / Rebooking by the CustomerThe customer may withdraw from the booked trip at any time before the beginning by means of a written statement, which must reach the hands of the travel organiser. In the case of a withdrawal by the customer the travel organiser may claim cancellation fees, which are calculated from the price of the trip as follows
- Up to 40 days before begin of the trip : 10 %
- Up to 30 days before begin of the trip : 25 %
- Up to 15 days before begin of the trip : 50 %
- Up to 7 days before begin of the trip : 75 %
- Up to 0 days before begin of the trip : 100 %
- Until the beginning of the trip the customer may give his/her place to a third person, which requires a rebooking fee of 25 €.
5. Withdrawal by the Travel OrganiserWe may withdraw from the Travel Contract until four weeks before the beginning of the trip, if the necessary minimum number of participants was not reached, the tour is put at risk or affected by an act of god, weather conditions, strike or other unforseeable events.
We also reserve the right to stop a tour if it cannot be carried out due to one of the above reasons. Participants may be excluded from the group without returning the travel fee due to undisciplined or dangerous behaviour or if they should disturb the course of the journey
6. LiabilityThe travel organiser is liable within the limits of the duty of care for the careful preparation of the journey and the correct rendering of all the services agreed upon in the contract.
The travel organiser is not liable for:
- Any kind of service rendered by a third party (e.g. rafting paragliding, water sports, etc.) In these cases the regulations of the respective organiser are effective.
- Accidents in the course of the journey. in this kind of extreme journey every customer is responsible for his/her acts and especially the way he/she drives as well as for estimating his/her own abilities.
- If pieces of lugguage or valuables are damaged or stolen
7. Duty to CooperateShould any disruptions of service occur, the customer has the duty to contribute to the remedying of the same and to limit possible damage. He/she is furthermore obliged to immediately inform the travel organiser of any complaints. Should the customer culpably neglect to announce complaints in written form within one month, all rights of claim for reduction are invalidated.
8. RegulationsThe customer is responsible for observing any regulations concerning passport, visa, customs, foreign currency and health
9. Rental VehiclesThe customer takes it upon himself to handle the rental vehicles with care and to use them according to their purpose. Should the vehicle be damaged in the course of the tour to an extent that cannot be repaired on the spot, no claim for reimbursement of the travel fees arises for the customer. The travel organiser will however endeavour to provide a replacement as quickly as possible
10. Liability Waiver DeclarationUpon booking the trip the customer expicitly agrees with the following declaration:
I am fully aware of the dangers of riding motorbikes or driving cross-country vehicles on and beyond made up roads and of the dangers of sporting activities such as rafting, trekking, paragliding, diving, sailing and similar. I agree that neither the Yoshimoto Company nor its contributors and vicarious agents can be held liable for personal injury, damages to property and economic loss of any kind as well as for any other disruptions caused by an act of God. I know that Yoshimoto is also not liable for the misbehaviour of other members of the group. I promise to observe the currently valid traffic laws and regulations, to keep to the rules of the group travel and to damage neither people nor nature through my behaviour or the qualities of my vehicle. I am healthy, I meet the demands of the tour and I own a valid driving licence for motorbikes (only for riders in bike tours) or a valid driving licence for cars (only for drivers in jeep tours). I am responsible for wearing appropriate protective clothes.